Historical Museum of Serbia
The emergence of the Historical Museum of Serbia is linked to the National Museum, but as an official institution was founded only in 1963. It is located in the center of Belgrade, in the building of the former Agrarian Bank, built in 1934 as the work of the brothers Peter and Branko Krstic. As part of the Historical Museum of Serbia, there is a Residence of Prince Milos in Topcider.
The Museum collects, preserves, handle, study and exhibit material testimony Serbian people from the Middle Ages, followed by a period of domination, but through modern times struggle for national independence and national liberation struggle, until the post-war history of Serbia. The items make up about 35 000 cases. It consists of several collections: archaeological, archival, ethnographic, flags, signs, maps, copies of frescoes, art, numiznatička, guns, stamps, posters, deficit, postcards, Memorials, old books, technical, uniforms and photographs. The museum is also responsible for certain cultural goods outside the country, and often is the organizer of numerous exhibitions abroad.
Address: Trg Nikole Pasica 11, Belgrade
Phone: +381 (11) 3287 242; +381 (0) 11 2187 360; +381 (0) 11 2637 753