Belgrade City Museum
Belgrade City Museum was founded in 1903. Beginning in 2006, is located in the building of the New Military Academy, built in 1900 by architect Dimitri T. Leka.
The museum collects, preserves and presents the heritage of the city of Belgrade and his environment. In his fund is located about 132 000 cases, placed in the archaeological, historical and a collection of art and culture. The archaeological collection features the oldest history of the city of themselves, but also the archaeological site of Vinca which is only 15 km from Belgrade, the ancient Singidunum, and the Middle Ages to the Turkish-Austrian period. Historical collection begins in 1521. or drop in Belgrade under Ottoman rule, follows the development of the city through a new century, to the creation of modern Serbian, and later Yugoslav state, and Belgrade as their capital. A collection of art and culture refers to arts and music, fine arts, ethnology, science, education, literature, culture, and architecture of modern capital.
Currently Belgrade City Museum has a permanent exhibition space, but part of its rich collections can be seen at: Princess Ljubica, Museum of Paja Jovanovic, the Museum of Ivo Andric, Museum of Jovan Cvijic, Museum of Toma Rosandi, the Museum of Banjica camp, Zemun Heritage Museum, the Museum of Mladenovac, Archaeological site Vinca and Legacy of Pava and Milan Sekulic.
Address: Zmaj Jovina 1, Belgrade
Phone: +381 (0) 11 263 08 25